I am a fever.


I am a fever. And I don't mean that in a Killsian "ain't born typical" way. Where does the heat come from? Is it in my blood? I'm burning up. And I don't mean that in a Madonnian "uh uh uh" way. I am a set of disparate components. Nothing is working together. My blood is hot; pain laps at my temples in little waves; my pores rid my body of moisture in a frantic attempt at cooling my skin and the sweat pools in my navel and under my breasts and it dries and waves of cold wash over me and I shiver and pull my knees up to my chin and cocoon myself into the blanket and it is so hot and I stick my feet out into the cool air, then my arms, my chest, and the sweat dries and waves of cold wash over me and I shiver and pull my knees up to my chin and cocoon myself into the blanket and it is so hot and I stick my feet out into the cool air and I wonder why my blood is so hot and there is a thickness in my throat that makes it hard to swallow the ibuprofen that promises to cool my blood and my back aches and the cat steps on my face she wants something but I ignore her and dreamwalk into the basement while I wait for the drugs to cool my blood and I write about being a fever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment